The Boca Raton Chinese School, an affiliate of CCASF, was established in 1985. It currently provides Mandarin Chinese language education to over 100 children ages 4-18 every Saturday morning during the regular school year at Olympic Heights High School in Boca Raton.
In addition, the school is associated with a Dance Theater, providing a rich repertoire of Chinese folk and lion dancers, who perform regularly in the traditional Chinese festival celebrations and multi-cultural events, as well as community services to area seniors in retirement homes.
Like CCASF, the Chinese School is run by a group of volunteers dedicated to the promotion and understanding of Chinese culture and heritage.
Boca Raton Chinese School
School Year 2015-2016
Date: Saturday, August
29, 2015 - First Day of Chinese
Location: Olympic Heights Community High School
20102 Lyons Road, Boca Raton, FL 33434
(Between Yamato Road and Glades Road)
RETURNING AND/OR REGISTERED STUDENTS:
Important times & locations:
• 9:00 AM - Opening Ceremony in the CAFETERIA
• 9:15 AM - Registration in Room 8101
• 11:00 AM - Parent Orientation in student's classroom
Please remember to bring a healthy snack, water, sharpened pencils and a backpack.
ALL students MUST be registered by August 29, 2015.
Tuition fee for the 2015 - 2016 school year is $445.00 per student (checks and/or cash only).
Parents are to sign up as volunteers (Manager-on-Duty) for at least two days during the school year.
Please sign up at the volunteer's desk after registration. Let's work together to make Chinese School a wonderful place for our children to learn.
Thank you for your support!
If you would like to consider our Chinese class and be placed on our waiting list, please send us an email message with your child's name and age as well as your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
The run down for our first day of school is as follows:
- Your child should bring a backpack with essentials like pencils, eraser, notebook, a healthy snack and bottled water. For preschool children (must be 4 years or older), please bring a copy of the child's birth certificate.
- Please come with your child on Saturday, 8/29/2015 for the Opening Ceremony at the Olympic Heights High School Cafeteria at 9:00 AM. You’ll be introduced to the teachers of the Chinese School.
- After the Opening Ceremony, students on the waiting list will go to class with their teacher. By 10:30 AM, we'll confirm which students on the waiting list are accepted. Parents can stay and wait for the result, or return to Room 8101 by 10:30 AM to get results.
- Upon confirmation of acceptance, you may register at Room 8101. Tuition fee for the 2015 - 2016 school year is $445.00 per student (checks and/or cash only).
- NOTE: there will be no refund after the first day of school on 8/29/2015.
- After registration, parents are required to attend the Parent Orientation in your child’s classroom at 11:00 AM.
While you're at the school, we'll have volunteers to give you directions and answer your questions. In the meantime, please call (561) 445-0608 if you have questions.
CURRICULUM AND ACTIVITIES
Students learn to speak Mandarin and read and write Chinese characters.
Students can participate in a Speech Contest during the school year in the spring semester.
Students can partake in the celebration of the Moon Festival in the fall semester and Chinese New Year in the spring semester. Activities may include singing Chinese songs and participating in a Chinese costume contest.
For more information: please email: email@example.com